Wednesday, November 18, 2009

October Blog #1

Sweet, squishy and soft. A tiny marshmallow that talks. This small piece of happiness happens to have a name, Natalia Isabel Gonzalez. A three year old that adds just the right amount of sweetness to cold, economically devastated outside world. A marshmallow that I squeeze as soon as she attempts to run, yet stumbles at the doorstep, all to spend some time with her aunt, me. As I hold this tiny, sweet smelling, small piece of heaven i am reminded that the innocence i once had still lives on in the generations to come. When the white squishy morsel says my name with a lisp i realize there are still reasons to live for in the over exhausted sphere nicknamed earth by the mostly ignorant human inhabitants in it. the very reason to enjoy the world we live in is now sleeping in my unworthy arms. Sweet, squishy and soft. As close as I'll ever get to heaven. A marshmallow named Natalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment